Hi, thank you for taking the time to read the Terms and Conditions (T&C) which govern the use of our website. It’s only going to take you a moment!!!
This Agreement is an electronic record as required under the Information Technology Act, 2000. It’s generated by a computer system and, therefore, does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Your use of all services offered by CIO & Leader through its website www.cioandleader.com (Website) will be governed by these T&C’s. We provide our services to you subject to the notices, terms, and conditions set forth in these T&C’s and when you access the Website you agree to be bound by these T&C’s
When you use any service on the Website, your use of such service would be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms, and conditions applicable to such service and they shall be deemed to be incorporated into these T&C’s by reference.
Bearing in mind the needs of our customers, we may revise these T&C’s periodically and without any prior notice. We also reserve the right to deny access to the Website to any person at any time whether on account of violation of these T&C’s or otherwise.
By accessing the Website you agree that you have read and understood these T&C’s and our conversant with the implications of the same. While we have taken all measures to ensure our Website is safe, we will not be liable for any damages to your equipment resulting from the use of the Website. We value your relationship with us and if you require any clarifications please feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the sake of simplicity, the T&C have been classified into the following broad headings:
- Information posted on the Website.
- Rules and Regulations
- External Links
- Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
- Your Account
- Risk of loss
- Products and Pricing
- Shipping and Delivery
- Cancellation and Refunds
Information posted on the Website.
Rules and Regulations:
Kindly ensure that you do not, intentionally or otherwise, use, host, display, upload, download, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any Information which:
- Belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to including but not limited to videos, photographs, drawings, sketches or images of another person, event or thing which videos, photographs, drawings, sketches or images are obtained without the rightful owners express written consent.
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- Infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including disclosure of a person’s name, email address, postal address, cell phone number, landline number, fax number etc.) or other rights guaranteed under law.
- Is harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libelous, hateful, racist, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, invasive of another’s privacy, encourages money laundering or gambling, encourages physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- Directly or indirectly – harasses another user, involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”, promotes or encourages illegal conduct and activities, promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of copyrighted work, provides information about illegal activities of any nature whatsoever, interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Website,
- Is false, inaccurate or misleading in any manner whatsoever, harm minors in any way, provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone,
- Impersonates another person, deceives or misleads any person about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature.
- Engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes, or the buying or selling of “virtual” items. Throughout these terms, our “prior written consent” would mean a communication coming from our legal team, specifically in response to your, and specifically addressing the activity or conduct for which you have sought authorization;
- Solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which we, in our sole discretion, believe is or could be construed as being illegal;
- Contains restricted or password-only access pages, hidden pages, images (those not linked to or from another accessible page), viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful or deleterious components or devices;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- Contains any computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Refers to any website or URL which we feel contains material that is inappropriate for the Website, contains content that would be prohibited on the Website, or violates the letter or spirit of these T&C’s.
- Tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation
- Violates any law including treaty obligations undertaken by India and enforceable under Indian Law, delegated legislation, binding regulatory decisions or orders, binding decision, order, writ, injunction, judgment, decree or award of the Government of India and the Government of any State or Union Territory of the Indian Union or any judicial, quasi-judicial or administrative authority of competent jurisdiction
We reserve the right to review, edit, reject, refuse to post and/or delete any Information as we think necessary whether on account of violation of these Terms or otherwise.
You also agree:
- That the illegal and / or unauthorized uses of the Website, including without limitation, collecting usernames and/or email addresses and/or other information of registered members by electronic or other means for any purpose including sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website, is strictly prohibited.
- Not to engage in any unauthorized interception of the data stream to or from the Website.
- Not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other users through the Website to buy or sell any products or services, including, but not limited to, products or services related to the Website.
- Not to transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other users via the Website.
- That it would be a violation of these T&C’s to use any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to another person outside of the Website without their prior explicit consent.
- That to protect it’s users from advertising or solicitation, we may restrict the number of messages or emails which you may send to other users in any defined period to a number which we deem appropriate.
- That we have the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Website) as necessary to satisfy any legislation, binding regulatory decisions or orders, binding decision, order, writ, injunction, judgment, decree or award of the Government of India and the Government of any State or Union Territory of the Indian Union or any judicial, quasi-judicial or administrative authority of competent jurisdiction.
- We are authorized to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials, as we believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes or any nature whatsoever,
- That the Information posted in public areas of the Website does not necessarily reflect our view and in no event shall we assume or have any responsibility or liability for any Information posted or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from use of Information and/or appearance of Information on the Website.
You agree that correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
As you would know, the possibility of other users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) posting or transmitting offensive or obscene materials on the Website cannot be ruled out and therefore you may be exposed to such offensive or obscene materials. You would also know that it also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Website, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses but by using the Website you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for such unauthorized use of any personal information.
We do not take responsibility or assume any liability in any manner for products and services rendered by affiliates and other website (although the same maybe accessible through our Website). These links are merely for your convenience. We request our users to carefully read the terms and conditions governing such sites prior to use.
While you may establish a hypertext link to the Website, kindly ensure that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your website/ link by Think Digit. The use, on your website or otherwise, of any trademarks, service marks or any other materials appearing on our Website, including any logos or characters, without our express written consent is strictly prohibited.
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. Illustratively through the website, when you call us, email us or communicate with us through other social media. We may also obtain information about you from our affiliates, business partners and other third parties.
The information we collect includes your contact information (such as name, postal and email address, phone number, cell phone number etc.), contact information of friends or other people (which you might share with us), your username and password for the account you may establish on the website, payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address), demographic information (such as date of birth and gender), location information (such as the real-time geographic location of the device through which you accessed the website)and a record of the purchases you make on the website.
We may also collect information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. Should you require any further information in this regard, you may address your queries to email@example.com.
The information collected by is used to manage and maintain your account on the site; provide quality services; process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions; arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds; contacting you about your orders and other promotional schemes; and maintaining a record of the purchases you make on our Website.
In the event we intend to use the information collected to market services to you, you shall be provided with an option to opt out of such services.
We may share the personal information we collect with our affiliates, business partners, ad network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We may share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf.
We may disclose information about you, without your consent, if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order); in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or any portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
While we have taken substantial measures to protect the personal information we collect, you acknowledge that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot and do not guarantee that the security measures we have or may put in place in future to safeguard personal information are infallible or will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To ensure maximum protection, we advise all our user’s not to share their account user name and password with anyone. We confirm that we will never ask for a user’s username or password via email or through unsolicited phone calls.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
Except as otherwise explicitly stated, the Website is controlled and operated by us. All material on the Website, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights that are owned and controlled us or by other parties that have licensed their material to us. Material on the Website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by us is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and you shall not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other web site or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which you receive, directly or indirectly, any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this Clause
You acknowledge and agree that all rights including all intellectual property rights in the information submitted for publishing on the Website, irrespective of whether such information is published on the Website or not, shall immediately upon submission vest with Think Digit and you shall claim no rights in relation thereto. You will indemnify and keep us indemnified from any and all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, which maybe incurred by us on account of the said information violating any applicable law.
You shall alone be responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. Therefore, kindly do not share your username and / or password with anyone.
We reserve the right to block anyone from accessing the Website and / or delete a user’s account without any notice to the user.
Risk of loss
Kindly note that all items purchased on the website are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk for such items pass will pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. We do not assume any liability for damage occurring during transit.
For products lost in transit, please see Cancellations and Refunds
Products and Pricing
While we strive for accuracy, we do not warrant that the product description or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. It a possible that the actually product may vary slightly with that displayed on the website. We advice you to kindly verify all products prior to purchase. We make no representations and offer no guarantees about the products featuring on the Website. For any queries in this regard, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We presently offer our the following modes of payment:
- Visa/Master Card / Debit Card / American Express etc.
- Net banking
- Cash Cards
- Mobile Payments (for select banks)
We do not assume any responsibility and take no liability of whatsoever nature in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you on account of technical glitches during a transaction.
All payments made against the purchases/services on the Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees. We do not accept payment in foreign currency.
You acknowledge, agree, understand and confirm that the credit card details provided by you for availing of services on the Website are correct and accurate and you shall not use a credit card which you are not authorized to use. We will not be responsible for any credit card fraud. The liability for use of a card fraudulently shall at all times be on you.
Shipping and Delivery
We will endeavor to deliver the purchased products within a reasonable time. We cannot and do not assume any liability for damage occurring during transit. Should you have any queries please write to us as email@example.com.
Cancellation and Refunds
We reserve the right to cancel any order without assigning any reason for doing so. You will however be promptly notified about all cancellations. In such an event you will be refunded the entire amounts paid by you. We do not offer refunds for orders cancelled by you.
If a purchased product is lost in transit, we will render our best efforts to deliver to you, at the earliest, a replacement of the said product. If we are unable to provide you with a replacement, we may refund the entire amount paid by you
In no event shall we be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind in connection with a transaction, even if we have been informed in advance of the possibility of such damages.